关节疼痛会让你慢下来, 限制你的活动, 让你无法享受你最喜欢的活动. So when you experience joint pain–for any reason–you want to find relief fast.
在某些情况下，这意味着要去看风湿病专家. A rheumatologist is a physician who specializes in symptoms and conditions caused by your body’s own inflammatory response. 通常, this response is quite normal–you typically experience inflammation when you are ill or injured. 但有时, your immune system’s inflammatory response may end up resulting in damage to your body–particularly your joints.
In these cases, you should seek treatment from a rheumatologist as quickly as possible. The 风湿病学 team at 全球最大赌博365网站 will be able to help diagnose the underlying condition causing your joint point and address your symptoms. The goal of our rheumatologists is to improve your mobility and get you back to enjoying your daily life!
When you experience an injury to your joints or connective tissues, 你可能会去看整形外科医生. 如果炎症是这些伤的根本原因, 然而, a rheumatologist will also be needed to help address the underlying condition. That’s because a rheumatologist specializes in issues caused by your body’s immune system and inflammatory response.
结果是, 风湿病学家通常会解决这些问题, 疾病, 以及以下类别的疾病:
- 自身免疫性疾病: These are 疾病 in which the immune system does not function properly. 因此，你的免疫系统可能会攻击健康组织. There are a wide variety of autoimmune 疾病 that can impact people. When these 疾病 result in damage or pain in the joints or connective tissues, 你可能需要去看风湿病专家.
- 关节发炎: Sometimes inflammation is caused by the joint itself and not by an underlying autoimmune condition. 当你的膝盖, 肘部, 手腕, 或者其他关节出现炎症紊乱, your rheumatologist will work to provide effective treatment. One of the most common such examples of this is rheumatoid arthritis.
- 结缔组织疾病: 当疾病袭击你的韧带或肌腱时, a rheumatologist will be able to help you diagnose and treat your symptoms. 症状可能涉及皮肤和其他器官, so sometimes these conditions can be challenging to detect and diagnose.
这些炎症性疾病可以发生在任何年龄. 在某些情况下，它们可能是遗传的或遗传的. People with a family history of rheumatologic conditions should talk to their doctors about when they should see a rheumatologist.
风湿病学家会治疗各种各样的疾病. 虽然他们治疗的症状和骨科医生一样, a rheumatologist’s approach will necessarily be different.
In some cases, they may treat the same conditions that an orthopedist will treat..
In general, rheumatologists will treat the following conditions:
- Tendon issues, such as achilles tendonitis or rotator cuff issues
- Some muscle issues, such as myopathies and Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease
If you think you are experiencing inflammation-related pain or discomfort, it’s important to discuss this with your physician and your rheumatologist as soon as possible. Inflammation can cause permanent damage if it’s not addressed and treated.
One of the primary differences between rheumatologists and orthopedists is that a rheumatologist does not perform surgery. 如果你的病情需要手术治疗, you will likely get a referral to a specific orthopedic surgeon.
In general, rheumatological conditions will be treated using the following techniques:
- 职业和物理治疗: In some cases, symptoms can be relieved by showing patients new and less uncomfortable ways to move. Physical therapy can help expand your range of motion and strengthen targeted muscle groups.
- 药物治疗: 许多风湿病会引起疼痛和不适. 因为这些情况本质上是炎症性的, corticosteroids are often used to provide relief by minimizing swelling. 另外, immunosuppressive drugs will often be prescribed to help limit the effectiveness of your immune system–as a result, your immune system will do less damage to your healthy tissues.
- 联合注射: 因为你的关节是你不舒服的原因, joint injections are sometimes used to deliver pain relieving medication directly to the knee, 肘, 或者疼痛的来源.
There may come a point where rheumatic disease does enough damage to your joints that they should be replaced. In these cases, you’ll be referred to an orthopedist for a surgical procedure. The 风湿病学 and orthopedics teams at YMC work closely together to ensure patients receive attentive, 在每个阶段提供高质量的护理.
全球最大赌博365网站P.C. Norfolk’s 风湿病学 services offer diagnoses and treatments for patients suffering pain affecting their joints and connective tissues. Our rheumatologist works with patients who are dealing with arthritis, 包括类风湿关节炎, 骨关节炎, 以及复杂形式的痛风. 它们还有助于治疗狼疮和血管炎患者, 肌肉骨骼疼痛紊乱，如纤维肌痛, 以及其他各种疾病.
As part of 全球最大赌博365网站’s array of healthcare services available in Norfolk, 内布拉斯加州, 风湿病学 plays an important role in providing care for patients suffering from pain. Because the musculoskeletal system is central to patients’ ability to live and function normally, maintaining healthy joints and muscles and appropriately treating underlying rheumatic 疾病 is vital. Rheumatology helps patients live with as little pain as possible and retain the function of their joints.
While some rheumatologic conditions are not curable, most are very treatable. Patients should not be discouraged from receiving care if their condition is not curable since treatment can help to lessen their pain and help them function on a day-to-day basis. 如果你或你所爱的人患有关节痛, you won’t know how much better it’s possible to feel if treatment isn’t pursued.
If you would like to learn more, contact us to schedule an appointment. 你也可以在这里了解更多关于风湿病学的知识:www.风湿病学.org
任命: (402) 844-8110